December 31, 2014 § Leave a comment
Spent Christmas eve with my brothers and sister-in-law at home, eating Russian tea cakes and drinking hot chocolate. That story. « Read the rest of this entry »
December 11, 2014 § 2 Comments
For Christmas I asked for the fuzzy alarm clock from Gilmore Girls and a therapist. But here’s a list of things I think are amazing that might be worth considering if you’re still searching for gifts to wrap.
Fifteen things I’m almost obsessed with:
1. Coffee Subscription from Stumptown Roasters. Brilliant.
2. Gold Heart Studs.
3. My Aunt makes these cornflake wreath treats every Decemeber and we all go bananas. Here‘s a recipe (not hers).
4. Perfume. Tom Ford for the win- complex scents in really, really pretty bottles.
5. This candle.
6. A copy of Daphne Du Maurier’s Rebecca. With Hitch’s film. The best and the best.
7. Book wishlist is never ending, but Olena Kalytiak Davis’s The Poem She Didn’t Write and Other Poems is the one I’m looking forward to most this season.
8. This Marni shirt. Ruler of all strange, expensive t-shirts.
9. Diptyque Lip Balm.
10. Whiskey. From Oban. With Love.
11. These Arctic Explorer ornaments.
12. Bach Flower Remedy in Wild Oat…and cherry plum, chicory, elm, honeysuckle, star of Bethlehem, the list goes on.
13. Nail polish that is so light pink it looks like nothing.
14. This fuzzy clutch, also light pink, which is everything.
15. White high-top converse. But not just any white high-top converse. Leather.
Happy gift giving! Give more, take less, and be happy with everything. Like the oven mitt. That’s what makes it fun.
December 9, 2014 § Leave a comment