December 30, 2015 § Leave a comment
I thought I liked NYC in the summer, but I really liked NYC in December. Christmas trees in the windows, lights galore, and window displays were A++. However, holidays aren’t holidays without family. I’ve been in the Carolinas for a couple weeks and for the first year EVER didn’t travel to Minneapolis to visit my cousins, aunts, and uncles. No snow this Christmas- just mid 70’s and rainy. Bizarre, yes, but still beautifully lazy and fun. Hope everything for everyone was merry and bright.
December 20, 2015 § Leave a comment
‘Tis the season of giving! I’ve put together a gift guide for those who are still buying last minute presents or haven’t been able to find the right ones yet. These are my favorite morning-themed items, but aren’t restricted to just early hours! For those on a budget, a box of Swiss-Miss hot chocolate is a win. Who doesn’t want hot chocolate?! Who!?
1.Slippers Madewell 2. Dot-Dash Pillow Block Shop Textiles 3. Bud Vases Christiane Perrochon 4.Coconut Soak Herbivore Botanicals 5. Japanese Steel Pour-Over Kettle Kaufmann Mercantile 6. Sweater Zara 7.Eye Treatment With Avocado Kiehl’s 8. Reverence Aromatique Hand Balm Aesop 9.Balm Dotcom Glossier 10. 2016 Cities Calendar Rifle Paper Co. 11.Scarf Zara 12.3 Cup Coffee Maker Chemex 13. Hair Bender- Stumptown Coffee Roasters 14.Chocolate Videri Chocolate Factory (photo via Coco+Mingo) 15.Cardamom Sugar La Bella Terre .
Happy Gifting! xo
December 31, 2014 § Leave a comment
Spent Christmas eve with my brothers and sister-in-law at home, eating Russian tea cakes and drinking hot chocolate. That story. « Read the rest of this entry »
December 11, 2014 § 2 Comments
For Christmas I asked for the fuzzy alarm clock from Gilmore Girls and a therapist. But here’s a list of things I think are amazing that might be worth considering if you’re still searching for gifts to wrap.
Fifteen things I’m almost obsessed with:
1. Coffee Subscription from Stumptown Roasters. Brilliant.
2. Gold Heart Studs.
3. My Aunt makes these cornflake wreath treats every Decemeber and we all go bananas. Here‘s a recipe (not hers).
4. Perfume. Tom Ford for the win- complex scents in really, really pretty bottles.
5. This candle.
6. A copy of Daphne Du Maurier’s Rebecca. With Hitch’s film. The best and the best.
7. Book wishlist is never ending, but Olena Kalytiak Davis’s The Poem She Didn’t Write and Other Poems is the one I’m looking forward to most this season.
8. This Marni shirt. Ruler of all strange, expensive t-shirts.
9. Diptyque Lip Balm.
10. Whiskey. From Oban. With Love.
11. These Arctic Explorer ornaments.
12. Bach Flower Remedy in Wild Oat…and cherry plum, chicory, elm, honeysuckle, star of Bethlehem, the list goes on.
13. Nail polish that is so light pink it looks like nothing.
14. This fuzzy clutch, also light pink, which is everything.
15. White high-top converse. But not just any white high-top converse. Leather.
Happy gift giving! Give more, take less, and be happy with everything. Like the oven mitt. That’s what makes it fun.