June 20, 2016 § Leave a comment
Today officially marks the first day of summer! June has felt like the watermelon emoji brought to life. I’ve been living in my swimsuit and feeling bursts of inspiration and motivation brought on by sunshine and working remotely. (Pool for coffee break= yes yes yes!)
S U M M E R Favorites:
- A pair of good slides like these Carrie Forbes- mustard sandals. 2. Palomarie- Sombra Choker. 3. Muzungu Sisters – Fique Mochilla pompom bag. 4. Shaina Mote- Putty Flor Top. 5. ban.do- everyday bobbies in rose gold. 6. Ann Mashburn- bluma project shiloh earrings. 7. Hornvarefabrikken- large horn handled comb. 8. Glossier- balm dotcom in coconut (& cherry, mint, rose!). 9. Merona- striped draped one piece. 10. Halex- four player croquet set.
April 11, 2016 § 2 Comments
Here is a Spring wishlist featuring my new affinity towards a dusty, pale blue. There’s something so calming and classic about it. Don’t you agree? Happy Spring!
« Read the rest of this entry »
November 15, 2015 § Leave a comment
When thinking about winter trends, pink roses may not come to mind right away. But why not? The flower has sparked inspiration for poets and lovers and painters for hundreds of years and even Apple joined the team this fall. Rose gold has been having it’s moment for a while, too, but I’m less interested in the jewelry (except for the hoops shown above, those I would jump into a frozen lake for) and more interested in pairing the classic with the not-so-classic to create something noteworthy. Bonus points for cozy.
For example, the classic Zara trench, but in a muted, dusty muave and with shearling. Or Byredo’s Rose of No Man’s Land– named in honor of the women who served as nurses during World War I. Bonus bonus points? A portion of the perfume’s proceeds go towards Doctors Without Borders.
These items are just what I want when the weather begins to cool down and doesn’t stop. A candle that feels fresh, festive lipstick, fragrance that’s complex, and pieces that are beautiful (the botanic garden rose print!) as well as conventional (that rocker, come on!). Also… now is a fine time to announce that I’ve added four of my favorite candles to my Etsy shop. The Rose one is undoubtedly my favorite. I think I’ll burn it now while I read through this long, long list of rose-related poems.
Pictured: 1. 4 oz. Tin Candle ItHappenedOneMorning. 2. Rich Lip Color in heather rose Bobbi Brown. 3. Rosegold Whispered Hoops Anthropologie. 4. Roundtrip Turtleneck Sweater Madewell. 5. Modernica Fiberglass Arm Shell Rocking Chair Urban Outfitters. 6. Jacket With Lapels Zara. 7. Botanical Wild Roses Print Bygone Press. 8. Rose of No Man’s Land Byredo.
April 20, 2015 § 2 Comments
Crazy rainy in the Carolina’s lately. The pressure is on, May. Bloom beautifully. Anyway… we’re headed to the beach this week! Here’s some of what I like and love for Spring, Summer, and the ocean.
1. Zara embroidered top. I fell in love with this whimsical beauty the second I saw it. 2. Film. I’m excited to take a break from digital as I recently dug up an old Canon AL-1 and Polaroid 600…Also found these shots of Lauren and I frolicking in Cocoa Beach circa 2008! 3. Beatrice Pink Metallic Sunglasses. These should come with a convertible and a silk scarf. So fun! 4.Yield Design French Press. The ceramic body and copper top of this French press feels bright and clean. 5. Byredo La Tulipe Perfume Tulips remind me of a person who reminds me that life is precious. Byredo for the win with beautiful fragrances. 6. Mango Fringe Linen Poncho. Way, way good for words. 7. Books. Kelly Link’s Get In Trouble and Karen Solie’s The Road In Is Not The Same Road Out are at the top of my list. 8.Black Hole Creations Palmistry Necklace. Etsy is awesome because a girl in France can make this amazing piece and ship it over like its nbd. 9. Zara Two Tone Wide Brimmed Hat. I know about five people who need this hat. Goes straw hat to chic hat real quick (Drake Voice). 10. Vintage Green Suede Boxy Handbag. Another Etsy find! I was doubting the suede in the summer look this season until this structured little bag won me over. 11. Nars Lip Pencil in Cruella + Rikugien. Birthday gifts are awesome, but early birthday gifts from Sephora are super awesome! Nars is a favorite splurge, so I’m looking forward to these May 1st.
Now…. More book recommendations, please!
December 11, 2014 § 2 Comments
For Christmas I asked for the fuzzy alarm clock from Gilmore Girls and a therapist. But here’s a list of things I think are amazing that might be worth considering if you’re still searching for gifts to wrap.
Fifteen things I’m almost obsessed with:
1. Coffee Subscription from Stumptown Roasters. Brilliant.
2. Gold Heart Studs.
3. My Aunt makes these cornflake wreath treats every Decemeber and we all go bananas. Here‘s a recipe (not hers).
4. Perfume. Tom Ford for the win- complex scents in really, really pretty bottles.
5. This candle.
6. A copy of Daphne Du Maurier’s Rebecca. With Hitch’s film. The best and the best.
7. Book wishlist is never ending, but Olena Kalytiak Davis’s The Poem She Didn’t Write and Other Poems is the one I’m looking forward to most this season.
8. This Marni shirt. Ruler of all strange, expensive t-shirts.
9. Diptyque Lip Balm.
10. Whiskey. From Oban. With Love.
11. These Arctic Explorer ornaments.
12. Bach Flower Remedy in Wild Oat…and cherry plum, chicory, elm, honeysuckle, star of Bethlehem, the list goes on.
13. Nail polish that is so light pink it looks like nothing.
14. This fuzzy clutch, also light pink, which is everything.
15. White high-top converse. But not just any white high-top converse. Leather.
Happy gift giving! Give more, take less, and be happy with everything. Like the oven mitt. That’s what makes it fun.