December 30, 2015 § Leave a comment
I thought I liked NYC in the summer, but I really liked NYC in December. Christmas trees in the windows, lights galore, and window displays were A++. However, holidays aren’t holidays without family. I’ve been in the Carolinas for a couple weeks and for the first year EVER didn’t travel to Minneapolis to visit my cousins, aunts, and uncles. No snow this Christmas- just mid 70’s and rainy. Bizarre, yes, but still beautifully lazy and fun. Hope everything for everyone was merry and bright.
December 3, 2015 § Leave a comment
So I launched a little candle line in November on Etsy. (If you follow me on IG, you know this already & might as well get used to the candle pix.) The shop is something that felt natural after falling in love with candle-making. A process which is equal parts creativity, patience, concentration, and listening to Billy Holiday. I wanted to make sure the four candles appealed to a variety of scent preferences and aren’t restricted by season. And I am SO FREAKING grateful for everyone who has placed an order in the few short weeks. Y’all rock.
I’ve since added three more candles to the shop to suit your holiday gifting needs (gifts for yourself count!). These are seasonal, warm, and festive. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them. I’ve been burning the ‘Forest’ scent nonstop since putting up a miniature Christmas tree. Spoiler alert: everyone in my family is getting one of those this year. (The candle, not the tree. That baby is all mine.)
Give good gifts, give candles.
November 27, 2015 § Leave a comment
I hope everyone enjoyed their day of gratitude. Each year I’m overwhelmed with how many things I have to be grateful for. This year I spent Thanksgiving with Danny’s family meaning lots of food and football. (Go Panthers! Go Bears!) I ate my weight in pie and then had some more.
December 31, 2014 § Leave a comment
Spent Christmas eve with my brothers and sister-in-law at home, eating Russian tea cakes and drinking hot chocolate. That story. « Read the rest of this entry »
December 11, 2014 § 2 Comments
For Christmas I asked for the fuzzy alarm clock from Gilmore Girls and a therapist. But here’s a list of things I think are amazing that might be worth considering if you’re still searching for gifts to wrap.
Fifteen things I’m almost obsessed with:
1. Coffee Subscription from Stumptown Roasters. Brilliant.
2. Gold Heart Studs.
3. My Aunt makes these cornflake wreath treats every Decemeber and we all go bananas. Here‘s a recipe (not hers).
4. Perfume. Tom Ford for the win- complex scents in really, really pretty bottles.
5. This candle.
6. A copy of Daphne Du Maurier’s Rebecca. With Hitch’s film. The best and the best.
7. Book wishlist is never ending, but Olena Kalytiak Davis’s The Poem She Didn’t Write and Other Poems is the one I’m looking forward to most this season.
8. This Marni shirt. Ruler of all strange, expensive t-shirts.
9. Diptyque Lip Balm.
10. Whiskey. From Oban. With Love.
11. These Arctic Explorer ornaments.
12. Bach Flower Remedy in Wild Oat…and cherry plum, chicory, elm, honeysuckle, star of Bethlehem, the list goes on.
13. Nail polish that is so light pink it looks like nothing.
14. This fuzzy clutch, also light pink, which is everything.
15. White high-top converse. But not just any white high-top converse. Leather.
Happy gift giving! Give more, take less, and be happy with everything. Like the oven mitt. That’s what makes it fun.