D I Y : At Home Facial ft. Glossier
December 16, 2016 § Leave a comment
Let’s talk about self-care. My self-care ritual for the past season has been waking up on Friday mornings, stopping by the corner shop for my favorite neighborhood coffee, and walking around the nature trail by my house listening to the newest Call Your Girlfriend episode.
Since the weather has changed (temp currently “feels like 9 degrees”), walking around the wooded, waterside trail is not exactly comforting. I googled “DIY at home facial” because my skin felt dehydrated and dull, and I needed a break from twitter but can’t meditate (it’s hard!!!!!!)
DIY GLOSSIER FACIAL:
- Wash face with Milky Jelly cleanser.
- Exfoliate with face scrub. (I used BOOTS Charcoal Scrub)
- Steam! I ran a washcloth under super hot water, sprayed it with Glossier Rose Face Mist, and laid it on my face to let steam.
- Mask #1. Charcoal Mask (again, BOOTS. You could substitute with Glossier Mega-Greens Facial Mask). Left it on for 12-15 minutes.
- Mask #2. Glossier Moon Mask (A true glossier holy grail product. I use it as overnight mask all the time. It’s the best. Left it on for 12-15 minutes.
- Wash mask off. Apply several drops of Glossier Super Bounce Serum (hyarulonic acid + vitamin B5 serum).
- Moisturize with Glossier Priming Moisturizer.